This webinar will focus on the assessment & treatment of lateral shoulder pain, a common client presentation to Massage & Manual therapists. Specific examination of pain arising from the Supraspinatus muscle, particularly its tendon and what possible interventions can be implemented to de-load this stress.
After this webinar, participants should have a greater clarity of:
-The anatomy of the shoulder including detailed surface anatomy to determine exact location of key structures.
- Ideal shoulder function
- Clinical Signs and assessment. Are special tests specific?
- What Imaging investigations are available? How reliable are they?
- What Treatment is relevant from a Massage Therapy perspective
- What exercises are relevant to optimising Supraspinatus function
- Role of Surgery in the Treatment of Major Supraspinatus Tears
- How can you, the therapist, avoid Shoulder Pain?
This webinar is worth 1.5 CPE points.
Rob has 31 years experience in Soft Tissue Therapy / Massage Therapy practice and is one of Australia’s most respected practitioners & educators in this field. He has delivered over 50 conference presentations in Australia, New Zealand & England.
He is a Contributor to the textbook “Clinical Sports Medicine” by Drs Brukner & Khan, now in its 5th edition, which is the largest selling book worldwide in the field of Sports Medicine.
He is co-founder of the Australasian College of Soft Tissue Therapy and is on the editorial board of the British Journal of Sports Medicine.
He has been head of Massage Therapy / Myotherapy for:
- The Sports Medicine Centres of Victoria group practice 5 years
- Olympic Park Sports Medicine Centre 6 years
- Victorian Institute of Sport 10 years
- The 2006 Commonwealth Games, Melbourne
- The 1996 Australian Olympic teams to Atlanta USA
- The 2000 Australian Olympic teams to Sydney
- The 1998 Australian Commonwealth Games team to Kuala Lumpur Malaysia
- Essendon Australian Rules Football club 7 years
Rob is currently in private practice in Melbourne and is a senior teacher at Diploma & Advanced Diploma levels at the Melbourne Institute of Massage Therapy.
Already registered? Login below to watch the recording:
Click here to test your system before the webinar.